Monday, February 19, 2018

Springtime Patriotic Potholder


My husband purchased Scrap Potholders and Mats for me at Maggie's Crochet here. This has always been on my list of patterns to attack, but after working on the thread for the Texas Rose potholder I decided it would be fun to try working on a thread potholder.

I love this pattern. I used the magic circle for my potholder and it worked well. The only downside is at one point I tightened it too much and it did effect the look of the pattern. I'd work on that when I make this again. The big change I made was making bigger color wedges. I liked the outcome of this change. First I like bolder color stripes. Second it reduced the amount of ends needed to sew in at the end of the project.

This pattern used up some of my size 10 thread and has made me even more grateful for my Bates Bamboo thread hooks. I'm hoping to make one of these to donate for a kitchen charity basket.

This potholder will be on its way to a new home soon. The St. Patrick's Day bear is coming along and I'm hoping to have him finished soon.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers