Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello Kitty Patriotic


I was looking for some Patriotic patterns to make some toys to send off for the July 4th holiday and remembered Armina Ami-Nal’s free Hello Kitty Patterns that have multiple themes including holidays. Since one of the children is a huge Hello Kitty fan, this seemed like a good choice. For those looking for this pattern the link can be found on the Hello Kitty Page under Armina Ami-Nal.

This was the first Ami I have made that required changing colors in stripes. I have changed colors for different body parts, but changing colors as this pattern called for was more challenging. I need to work on that skill. I have since read a few a few suggestions for improving the method for handling the color change.



Since I expect Hello Kitty will be traveling over the summer I decided to include a bag for the summer trips. I have been experimenting with granny squares and decided to crochet two together using half double crochets for a different effect. Then I created a handle using half double crochets in red white and blue to keep the color scheme going.

Pictures may not be used without written permission.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Followers